Organising your own outdoor wedding or event can be overwhelming, especially as there are so many marquee and tipi companies out there telling you different things.
Elite Tents have helped in over 800 events and have nearly 10 years of experience, so we have put together some of the most Frequently Asked Questions to help clarify some of the phrases and details you may be wondering about. This message from Jacquie, the owner of Elite Tents gives an introduction and covers some of the key questions you might want to ask…
In truth not for the tents, they will go up on a slope if needed, but you need to be able to put a drink on a table without it sliding off or spilling, so if you are not sure if you ground is suitable test it out by taking your table, chair and drink of choice outside.
- the location for the tent(s) should be a reasonably flat, level surface with no protrusions and no overhanging trees or other obstruction
- the ground should be suitable for taking 2ft (60cm) tent pegs
- the ground should not be flooded or impervious to water
- the ground should have no underground power or utility services within 1 metre of the surface.
- the grass will be cut so as to be no more than 3 inches (8cm) long.
- there is a safe means of access both to the site and to within 20m of the tent(s) location for our Land Rover and trailer
Please be aware the damage waiver and refundable deposit only apply to accidental damage to the equipment on your hire contract with Elite Tents Ltd. We strongly recommend you also take out wedding insurance with a bone fide insurance company.
- Between contract date and 4 calendar months before the event date – 50%
- Between 4 and 1 calendar month before the event date – 75%
- Any later than 1 calendar month before the event date – 100%
Sometimes circumstances arise where you might need to postpone your event. If this is the case then we will do our best to accommodate you but this may incur additional costs depending on the time of year, availability of the tents and equipment and amount of notice.
As an alternative there is an option to hire our Wallflex system which allows you to have the sides up but fill the opening with clear, pvc walls allowing you to view the outdoors but keep out the elements.