Here are some of things you need think about when you’re arranging your own suppliers.
Hints and tips for Subcontracted items
– When choosing a caterer make sure you find out if they require a catering tent before you sign anything. Some caterers will expect you to supply and pay for all of the facilities whereas others can supply you with some of the equipment. The catering tent is your first job on the list: find out what size they require and if the tent needs to be joined to the main structure, as this can cost you extra. Also DO NOT FORGET THE LIGHTS. People tend to forget that lighting will be needed in a catering tent and think that a gazebo bought from the supermarket will do the job – it will not! Make sure the catering tent structure is strong, weatherproof and big enough for your caterers and their equipment. The last thing you want is for your catering tent to be taken by the wind!
– Finally find out how much power they need, you may find they can bring their own generators! And don’t forget to ask them if they need tables to be supplied.
– When hiring a generator, make sure you ask for a super-silent one, there is nothing more off putting than the humming of a generator while the best man is reading his speech!
Also when you book your generator, it is worth enquiring if the company has lighting that you can hire for your car park area. When the sun has set and the evening is coming to an end, you must remember that you are on a field and you need to make sure your guests can walk to their cars or taxis along a safely lit path.
P.S. A great way to mark out a car parking area on a field is by using shepherds’ hooks and bunting, try and keep this close to the entrance so that you don’t have tyre tracks ruining your lovely green grassed land. Make sure you have walkway matting leading from place to place keeping those heels out of the ground
– Luxury toilet trailers are a must, they are very posh inside with little touches for added comfort – you can even have your music playing in them these days! They come in many different colours; some companies do them in green which really helps them to blend into the background so that they don’t stand out
*Don’t forget wheel chairs access if it is required, speak to your supplier and ask them to supply the specialist equipment *
– Heating is worth having in your budget for celebrations from late September through to April; you don’t want your guests getting a bit nippy during the wedding breakfast. But during the Summer months you do not need to worry about having heating as our tipis have gorgeous fire pits that you can sit around in the evening if the temperature drops.
– Rubbish removal again is an area that people pass by, you do find that some bars and caterers will remove their rubbish from site but make sure you have this in writing before paying your deposit. A simple way of removing rubbish from site is either by contacting the local council and paying for a special collection or you can hire a mini skip, which can be hidden behind some bamboo fencing.
– Finally, if you decide you would like round tables or different chairs these too are sub-contracted items; the good news is that the Elite Team have a great contact and can organise these for you at a reduced cost… just give us a call and see how we can help.
Once you have ticked all of these boxes you are well on your way to a great celebration. Make sure all of your deposits are paid and then it’s time to start looking inside to decide on how you want to decorate your venue. To see which suppliers we recommend, check out our Suppliers We Trust page.