Elite Tents know that whilst it is very important for our tents to look amazing – even more than that is the need for them to be weatherproof. We all know that our wonderful British weather can be unpredictable, so we have chosen tents that will do the job of looking stunning while also keeping you warm and dry if the weather isn’t great!
Our Tipis and why we are part of the Authentic Nordic Tipi Association
1. Because we test our tents to destruction and create detailed structural calculations for single and linked tents. So we keep people safe.
2. Because we don’t use off-the-shelf fabric for our tents. Instead we’ve developed a special fabric with much better water repellent properties. So we keep people dry.
3. Because we have an obsessive attention to detail, which results in the beautiful detailing on the spectacular structures that we supply. So we delight our customers.
4. Because our Nordic tipis are designed and developed in Lapland. They have been tried and tested in the rigours of the harsh environment there. We have always proper respect to the Sami kåta, the structure on which they are based. We are Authentic to the core.
5. Because Bengt Grahn – the guy who invented giant, linkable Nordic Tipis 30 years ago – still heads up Tentipi. He’s born and raised in Lapland. As CEO of Tentipi he has one mission, to make the best tents possible.
To find out more about Nordic Tipis read our Blog about when our Directors visited the Tentipi factory.
Our Sailcloth Tent and it’s fabulous weatherproofing technology.
Our Sailcloth Tent was manufactured by Anchor Industries who were founded in 1892. The company began as a small riverboat supply house located on the Ohio River. Anchor Supply Company, as it was known then, furnished oil, groceries, paint and other supplies to the steamboat trade. Due to a growing demand for water-proof covers, Anchor’s founder, Louis A. Daus, added canvas goods to the line of merchandise. Today, with 300 skilled workers and over 350,000 square feet of production capacity in Evansville, Indiana, Anchor is one of the world’s most respected producers of event, party, and wedding tents, awnings and outdoor fabric shade solutions, fabric buildings and structures, safety pool covers, fire shelters, military products, and other custom fabric and frame products. Anchor is still a family owned company that has been passed down for generations.
Brides desiring a natural, authentic, light and intimate aesthetic have been drawn to sailcloth tents for outdoor ceremonies on beautiful summer days. Nautical touches and a characteristic shape are often cited as key elements of the appeal, but the true essence of the allure is the luminous beauty it suffuses into an event by day and radiates to the surroundings by night. The translucent fabric becomes more than just a canvas for the wedding planner’s art – it becomes an active and integral part of it. Bright sunlight is softened and transformed into a warm glow with an entrancing play of light and shadow from gently swaying trees. At night it turns incandescent, a gleaming beacon conveying the joyful revelry inside to the world at large.
Anchor married the essence of the sailcloth tent’s appeal with renown quality and engineering expertise. The result is Aurora, a tent that enthralls a bride while providing dramatically enhanced protection and security that gives a rental company peace of mind. Aurora is more than a fair weather tent thanks to the ability to seal tent walls to the tent top.
Anchor’s revolutionary, patented WeatherShield™ wall to eave sealing technology, named an IFAI Innovation Award winner, eliminates the gaps that let in wind and rain without the need for a valence or any other visual disturbance to the characteristic clean, sharp catenary eave line. The WeatherShield seal requires the use of Anchor WeatherShield walls; however, all Aurora tents include a wall rope to allow the use of standard tent walls. The nautical touches of the tent are complete with flags offered in either blue or white ripstop nylon.